Sunday, December 5, 2010

the holiday spirit

This weekend has been all about Christmas for me. And it's been pretty cool, I must say.

Friday night we had my work Christmas party. We went to this restaurant type thing called Bryan's Place and had [a very crappy] dinner, which I got for free because the waitress was standing right next to me when I bit into a piece of garlic bread with hair in it. So she comped my meal... which was already free, because my boss gave all of us $10 for dinner. So I got $10 for alcohol! Woo. Haha. Anyway, the Christmas party included 4 comedians which was pretty entertaining. The first guy was very cute, and I wanted to marry him a little bit. The second guy was blind and creepy and not at all funny... which was funny in itself. The third guy was a total metrosexual and he was pretty funny. They all went on for about 15 minutes each. Now, the last woman, she referred to herself as Mama and called everyone Baby Girl or Baby Boy... except for one guy in the crowd who she referred to as Chocolate Cake (and he wasn't even black, haha.) She must have been the main act, because she was on for like 45 minutes to an hour. By the end (we'd been there for three hours by then) I was over it. But she was pretty hilarious. We went as a large group, and there was one other group from another workplace with us, but we were all in the front... I was right next to the stage. Anyway... so basically it was really funny, because it was like the comedians were telling jokes about us... everything related to someone there... and we were shouting out from the crowd telling them stories, etc. The third guy made fun of Volkswagen Beetles which made us all die because our boss has one and the license place says "Do I Bug You?" -- in less letters, lol. It was really interactive and really entertaining. Especially when the fourth comedian talked about her two lesbians friends who asked her to go with them to get artificially inseminated with a turkey baster... and one of my co-workers was sitting there with her 7-month-pregnant girlfriend. Haha. That was hysterical. Anyway.

Then Saturday Mom and I went Christmas shopping. We got everybody done for our family Christmas... and I got my shopping half done that night. Plus, Mom and I listened to Christmas music all day. She bought the Wilson Phillips Christmas CD! Which actually kind of sucks... but we also got Lady Antebellum's Christmas CD and it was good. And I am now hooked on them... which is weird because I don't really listen to country anymore... not the new stuff, anyway. So I am going to have to get some of their music soon... I'm kind of waiting to see if I get anything for Christmas. I don't think I will, but I don't want to buy it and then get it for free.

Today Mom, Dad, and I went and got our Christmas tree, and then Mom and I decorated it. It's beautiful! :) Of course, my mom is a total nut about it, though. We are having a "Cookie Party" at my house on Wednesday, so everything had to be PERFECT. I wanted it to be sentimental, but no, it has a theme ("retro") and we couldn't put any ornaments on the tree that weren't red/green. Except for a select few she let me get away with because they are our ornaments from growing up. Anyway... we did all that while listening to some Christmas music. And of course, it had to start snowing... which is all hunky dory today... but tomorrow I am going to hate it. Anyway... I need to stop rambling and get to bed, but first... PICTURES. :)






2 comments:

  1. I love your annual cookie party! It makes me think of your moms delicious chocolate chip cookies and those peanutbutter rice-crispy things with chocolate on top.

    mmm, so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, that's funny, because none of those were there. Mom makes the bomb diggity sugar cookies with [homemade] icing on them so that's her Christmas specialty. My job is to help ice them, haha. Anyway!

    ReplyDelete