Thursday, December 9, 2010

Gettin' back in the groove!

For the past six days, I have used the website I wrote about in my first blog post, 750words. I find it to be highly cathartic and therapeutic, which is weird because I haven't really written anything of great importance.

I started writing in a diary when I was 8-years-old and wrote stories as a child. But I would say I really started writing when I was about 13 or 14, thanks to the Internet and the ease of using it. I wrote throughout my first two years or so of college and then my social life bloomed and I spent less and less time online. And I've been that way ever since... just getting online to check the basic stuff or to work my photography website, etc. The only website I've been seriously dedicated to on a daily basis is Facebook... and you don't do much "writing" there.

I have missed writing. And this 750words website gives me an outlet to write whatever I want without having to worry about anyone seeing it. But instead of it being like an online journal where there is no motivation, the motivation is to see the stats behind what you write. I find it very interesting to see what the website has to say about my psyche. Granted, it's nothing deep, but it's interesting.

For the past few days, though, I haven't had anything spectacular to write about. Tonight I remembered this website I had found through another blog I read, called Reverb10. The tagline reads, "Reflect on this year & manifest what's next." And in more words, the website states, "Reverb 10 is an annual event and online initiative to reflect on your year and manifest what’s next. Use the end of your year as an opportunity to reflect on what's happened, and to send out reverberations for the year ahead." So basically a bunch of bloggers got together and decided to give other writers something to write about at the end of the year. Every day they post a new prompt to give you something to reflect on and write about.

I decided to try it out today and I got a fun little prompt to work with: "Prompt: Party. What social gathering rocked your socks off in 2010? Describe the people, music, food, drink, clothes, shenanigans." So that's what I did... I described my brother's 21st birthday party, because I think that one has a LOT of memories, for a variety of reasons. But it's nice to write about it on 750words, because I can write whatever I want, use as much gross, inappropriate language as I want and spill all the secrets I want.

Only two people read this blog, but in case there are any random people out there checking this out, I would definitely suggest checking out 750words and if you want something to write about, check out Reverb10.



That's all folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment