Wednesday, December 15, 2010

a few different things...

i had this thought last night that i wanted to blog about for some reason.

anyway, i have a cold... my second cold in two weeks. i had one for a few days, was mostly over it, then got slammed with another one that has different symptoms. so last night i was taking my favorite cough syrup... the only one that seems to work for me, which is robitussin night time cough, cold, and flu. (by the way, i just discovered this medicine on amazon... wtf? you can buy medicine from amazon? weird!) i take it before bed and it doesn't make me drowsy, so much, but i just fall asleep faster... if that makes any sense. and i don't cough as much. but anyway... i took that and i started thinking about how when i was a kid, i used to HATE taking cough syrup. i would whine and moan every time i had to take it. i didn't fight it, necessarily, because i knew it would make me feel better, but i hated the taste of it. and now i chug that stuff every night when i have a cold to help myself sleep. maybe i am more used to it because i got used to the taste of alcohol with practice... and so now cough syrup ain't no thang... but anyway. it's funny the things you fight tooth & nail as kids and then come to accept as common practice as adults.

another example would be naps! NAPS! glorious naps! i took them in college like it was my second major... and now i still take them at least once or twice a week. yet every day i sit at school for 2 hours, watching my preschoolers NOT taking naps... and i'm like, "hey dudes! i would trade you places so fast you wouldn't know what hit you... if it wouldn't get me fired." because those tiny little blue cots look like heaven just after lunch time when you're sitting in the dim room with a quiet movie playing running on 6-7 hours of sleep.

the things we fight as children... that we love as adults. haha. got any other examples? that's all i could think of... other than maybe eating a wider variety of foods... but i STILL hate cooked broccoli... from childhood through adulthood. lol.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

moving on... i wanted to talk a little about music. recently i have become obsessed with three country songs. which is WEIRD for me, because i basically stopped listening to new country when i went to college and didn't have a radio. plus, got into other kinds of music. but anyway... the songs are as follows:

  1. "Need You Now" by Lady Antebellum
  2. "If I Die Young" by The Band Perry
  3. "The House That Built Me" by Miranda Lambert
no, taylor swift does not make that list. thank god. i just can't stand her. ANYWAY... so i've been all up on this country kick, and it's weird. but there's this other song i am really into... by this kick ass woman we all know and love (you BETTER!)...

her name is... CHER. say this with an oprah flare... it makes it even better!

anyway, my mom and i went and saw "burlesque" two weeks ago and well... basically i loved it. i love musicals, anyway, and a musical WITH CHER... it doesn't get any better than that.


there was this one part of the movie, where cher had a solo song... and i kept giggling and elbowing my mom and basically being a huge gay man. after it was over, my mom turned to me and goes, "that was so good!" hahaha. my mom is a gay man, too. but that song would be, "you haven't seen the last of me." and it's brill... for sure. cher sings her guts out. i have had it, plus my three country songs basically on repeat for the last three days. you should check out the song here. and then just go ahead and buy the MP3 here or wherever else you buy your music. i had to buy the song, but i am getting the CD for christmas. SUPER PSYCHED! lol.

anyway... christina aguilera was pretty good in the movie... i was surprised. i haven't given her much thought lately... when she was first in the business, i really liked her music... that whole pop star thing i liked as a young teen. then she went a little darker/dirtier/whatever and i kind of quit listening... mostly because i went into my lesbian indie-rock phase (which i haven't left behind, don't get me wrong.) but the thing is... she has a powerhouse voice. it's a fact. even if you don't like her sound, she's got this HUGE voice that comes out of this teeny tiny body. (she was teeny tiny in the movie, at least. mom said she's gotten chunky recently. lol.) there are very few people, even out of all the famous musicians, that have a voice like her. i am so jealous, haha. but anyway... i didn't expect much of her acting, but she wasn't half bad, really. i never thought during the movie, "oh, ew, what is she DOING?"

so anyway, it's a movie i would recommend, mostly to those who love musicals, cher, christina, dancing, costumes, glitter, etc. basically... i recommend this to all gay men. :)

and to leave you with one final image to keep you warm at night:

don't forget... cher is 64-years-old... and a total sexpot. i wish i looked like that NOW, much less when i was 64. this is one case of plastic surgery i can get behind! hahahaha. even though she looks a tiny bit like michael jackson which is kinda freaky. but i'll pretend i didn't just think that.

11 comments:

  1. Girl.

    Girl.

    Cher is a living legend and all that, but she looks like a walking billboard for why not to get plastic surgery!

    And why is there no Kanye or Nicki Minaj on your list? idgi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. also how do i follow you? i'm so confused rn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl! The only thing wrong with Cher (and her plastic surgery) is the weird swollen upper lip. It's not even her lip... it's that space between her nose and her upper lip. Other than that, she's HOT! A walking billboard would be Joan Rivers or whatever her name is. Or, let's face it, Michael Jackson.

    I don't even know who Nicki Minaj is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. To follow me, go to the menu on the left hand side and there should be a "Followers" thing and then a little rectangle button with primary colors on it that says "Follow." Click that... then... I don't know. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKGpO8FRtuw

    SO FUCKING GOOD.

    SHE IS LIKE THE ~HIP HOP~ LADY GAGA~

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you. i am not stalking, i mean following you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ehhh... I am not sure about her. Maybe it'll catch on... these things often take a little more time with me. LOL.

    And good, I am glad to finally have a stalker. After all these years I think I deserve one. Most people aren't born this awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When the song started and I heard Cher's signature sound I just burst with a smile. Love it! "Walking in Memmmmphfus"

    Oh god, now I'm lolling at work. Good thing I'm the only one in the office today.

    I'll definitely see it when it comes out. I'm really bad about going to the theaters.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha, Nikki. I'm just spreading the Cher love! :)

    I love going to the theater... but usually I only get to see whatever Daniel wants to see, because I don't have anyone else to go with. Thankfully I was able to talk Mom into this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Go by yourself! You feel awkward at first but omg, it's the perfect way to get engulfed in a movie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. just don't go by yourself on valentine's day. that was fucking awkward. i tried to shrink down into the chair as far as i could. lolol.

    ReplyDelete