Saturday, December 4, 2010

getting started

So I decided to start a new blog... But we'll see if it lasts. I don't know why I am starting it, I guess just to have something to do. And somewhere to put shit. Haha.

So I found this website tonight, called 750 Words. Basically it's an online writing forum, except it's private. The idea is to write 750 words every day, of whatever you want. It's supposed to be a "brain dump" as it says on the About page. I tried it out and it's pretty interesting. I think if I have enough time, I could get used to doing it every day. I would like to, anyway. You just type whatever you feel like, kind of like a journal, but also like free-writing. It doesn't have to be structured, it can be whatever you want it to be. The goal is to try and write 750 words, but you don't have to, or you can do more.

It's mostly private, but you can see who else is writing and has written recently. And I think if you give a donation, you are called a "Patron" and you're allowed to follow people if you want to. (Though you can never see what anyone else writes.) But the part that I find the most interesting is that after you write your daily entry, you get to see the statistics of what you wrote. It tells you when you started writing, how long it took, if you got distracted or not, how many words you typed, what the rating is (mine was PG-13 today, due to swearing and sexual content, lololol), how you were feeling, what you were concerned about, what your mindset was, etc, etc, etc. It goes on and on. There are even PIE CHARTS... and bar graphs. It's really pretty cool. I wrote 838 words today in 11 minutes. Typing 75 words per minute. With a PG-13 content rating. Haha.

I just thought I would share, because I thought that was pretty neat. Anyway.

Today I did some Christmas shopping. I have two of my besties finished, but I still need to figure out something for my brother. I know what I want to get him in a general sense, but I need to figure out the specifics. And I know what I'm getting Mom, but I have to go get it. And Dad... I'm at a complete loss. Haha. Mom and I finished up our family gift exchange shopping today, getting three of my cousins out of the way and we just need to get a book for my one-year-old cousin. I don't know why I'm talking about all of that on here. But anyway... I really want to share what I got my besties, but as they are the only two who will probably read this, it's a secret for now. Shhh. :)

Anyway, I think that's all for now. OH... I wanted to mention one other thing. The title of this blog (for now) is called "The Universe Listened" -- it's the title of a Melissa Etheridge song (of course.) And every username for the URL was taken relating to "The Universe Listened," so I used "enoughofme" which is the title of one of my all-time fave Melissa Etheridge songs. So yes... I am a major geek. But I don't mind. :) It's fun.

And just for kicks.. my ferocious lioncat, Simba. :)


Okay. That's all.

K bye.

1 comment:

  1. That's a really cool web idea; although I'd be scared that after a few months it would pie chart me as a downer, haha.

    Simba is the king of the jungle!

    ReplyDelete